By any standard Kiwanis International is one of the world’s greatest organizations.
In June 1990 there were more than 390,000 Kiwanians in 74 nations and geographic areas. Kiwanians worldwide have contributed millions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of hours to service projects that benefit others. Thousands worldwide owe their lives to Kiwanians who have supported campaigns to cure disease, feed the hungry, and rebuild nations following natural disasters. For most of its history, the Kiwanis motto was “We Build” which signified the constructive service which Kiwanis provided to youth and communities worldwide.
Today, the Kiwanis family has more than 600,000 members in over 80 countries. Each community has different needs, and Kiwanis empowers members to pursue creative ways to serve the needs of children.
Kiwanis Club of Greater Anaheim
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Anaheim was chartered in 1958 and is part of the Kiwanis International service organization. The Kiwanis Club of Greater Anaheim, often referred to as KCGA, is dedicated to providing services to the City of Anaheim and other communities in Orange County. KCGA members also support various other charities including world-wide projects managed by Kiwanis International. Club members recognize that such service is both a challenge and a privilege and are proud to work together to achieve common goals. The club is most grateful for the support and cooperation of local citizens and businesses.
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Anaheim Scholarship Foundation was formed on December 23, 1965 as a tax-exempt non-profit corporation. It was organized to provide financial assistance for the education of deserving young men and women in the Anaheim community.